'Edward Gynowicz, Leon Bych, Marti Szymanski, Basil Kuziw, Jack Walytok, Joseph Wolk, Joseph 'Pidluski, John Hlywa, Michael Halkewicz Dmytro Cherowsky, Peter Slivinsky, and Theodor Krasicki - they all were incorporators of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church of Saint Mary's Protection of Bridgeport. This continued on until the year 1939, when amendments to the articles of incorporation were approved by more than three-fourths of the incorporators" their associates and successors voted to change the name of the church to be: THE UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF SAINT MARY'S PROTECTION, INC. Also the spiritual jurisdiction waS changed to be under the UKIRAINIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF AMERIA whose BISHOP was the, RT. REV. BISHOP BOHDAN, and to his lawful successors and to conform to and adopt the faith, doctrine discipline, Canons and constitution of the UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF AMERICA. The TRUSTEES of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Saint Mary's 'Protection shall have the custody of and control of all the temporalities and property, real and personal belonging to the corporation and revenues therefrom, and shall administer the same strictly in accordance with the BY-Laws of the corporation and the rules, regulations and usages of the governing DIOCESAN COUNCIL OF THE UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF AMERICA.
The members of our 'Parish came from the following provinces-counties of the UKRAINIE - Kiev, Yaroslav Tovmach, Sianok, Zbarazh, Stanislaviv, 'Kalush, Lvi Zboriv, Skalat, Brodi, Horodenko, Rohatin, Zolochiv, Pidhaytsi, iLantsup, Kolomiya, and from Bukowin (which is under Romania).
Over these past years, there have been many who worked very diligently for the parish – both on the parish board and off. The church could not continue without the dedicated work of those who give so much of themselves continuously for the glory of God, and for the brotherhood of man. God bless them all!